JOIN US FOR A SPECTACULAR 2022-2023 SEASON!
We provide three Musical Theatre Programs:
Mini Musical Theatre ( ages 4-6)
Junior Musical Theatre (ages 7-10)
Senior Musical Theatre (9+-18)
Music in Motion Angus offers a Program of Live-Stage Broadway-Style Musical Theatre Productions focused on preparing young people for a vocation on the Stage. We treat each student as a potential Broadway Star or Theatre Teacher. We license all our Productions through Music Theatre International (New York, NY) and strict production guidelines are followed by each performer. Each year we prepare students for between 2 and 5 Live-Stage Productions before paying audiences. Many of our students have been accepted into University and College Performing Arts Programs, and even some have pursued Professional opportunities.
Musical Theatre is both an emotional and physical outlet for students to safely express their feelings, demonstrate their creativity, make new friends, and have fun! Performing for an appreciative audience, helps young people recognize their potential for success.
Studies show that students who participate in Musical Theatre do better academically, and attain markedly higher score on standardized tests, than those who don't. Specific benefits include:
- improved reading comprehension and understanding of literature
- better understanding of historical events, societies, and cultures
- increased self-confidence and self-esteem
- improved teamwork, cooperation, and collaboration
- development of quick thinking and problem solving abilities
- improved concentration and sustained mental focus
- improved memory
- enhanced verbal and nonverbal communication skills
- learning proper speech techniques of projection, enunciation, and clarity
PLEASE NOTE: Musical Theatre Students are required to wear Black Jazz Shoes, which may be purchased from our Dancewear Website.