JOIN US FOR A SPECTACULAR 2022-2023 SEASON!
We provide two Musical Theatre Programs:
Junior Musical Theatre (ages 5-10)
Senior Musical Theatre (10-18)
Musical Theatre is both an emotional and physical outlet for students to safely express their feelings, demonstrate their creativity, make new friends, and have fun! Performing for an appreciative audience, helps young people recognize their potential for success.
Studies show that students who participate in Musical Theatre do better academically, and attain markedly higher score on standardized tests, than those who don't. Specific benefits include:
- improved reading comprehension and understanding of literature
- better understanding of historical events, societies, and cultures
- increased self-confidence and self-esteem
- improved teamwork, cooperation, and collaboration
- development of quick thinking and problem solving abilities
- improved concentration and sustained mental focus
- improved memory
- enhanced verbal and nonverbal communication skills
- learning proper speech techniques of projection, enunciation, and clarity
PLEASE NOTE: Musical Theatre Students are required to wear Black Jazz Shoes, which may be purchased from our Dancewear Website.